Ikariam -GAY-
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Permission to Bridgehead through an Alliance Members town?

+5
GiggleMonster
ekk
Rathi
Crazy4Sandy
true_illusion
9 posters

Go down

Should you ask permission before bridge heading through a alliance members town?

Permission to Bridgehead through an Alliance Members town? Vote_lcap79%Permission to Bridgehead through an Alliance Members town? Vote_rcap 79% 
[ 15 ]
Permission to Bridgehead through an Alliance Members town? Vote_lcap21%Permission to Bridgehead through an Alliance Members town? Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 19

Permission to Bridgehead through an Alliance Members town? Empty Permission to Bridgehead through an Alliance Members town?

Post  true_illusion Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:21 am

Currently there is no policy regarding permisson to use a fellow allaince mates town as a bridge head for pillaging operations.

It has been brought to my attention that some members, myself included attack through an alliance members town at will. I have never been one to aske permission on any server.

That being said, it has also been brought to my attention that other do not think highly of this, as it brings a bulls eye on them.

Personally i think that part of being in an alliance post-3.0 is that alliance members have ungaurded access to the towns of others in the allaicne, it helps growth and i am not for a policy on this personally but figured i get the rest of the allaince's opinion on it...

true_illusion

Back to top Go down

Permission to Bridgehead through an Alliance Members town? Empty Re: Permission to Bridgehead through an Alliance Members town?

Post  Crazy4Sandy Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:32 am

Personally I would, at the very least, like an heads up, especially if the target(s) might become bitchy and I should be prepared.

Last thing I need is someone come onto my island and piss off a bunch of my island mates and then leave me to dry.
Crazy4Sandy
Crazy4Sandy

Back to top Go down

Permission to Bridgehead through an Alliance Members town? Empty Re: Permission to Bridgehead through an Alliance Members town?

Post  Rathi Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:42 am

Crazy brings up a valid point. If pillaging thru anothers town it is best to give them a heads up.

Rathi

Back to top Go down

Post  ekk Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:46 am

true_illusion wrote:Currently there is no policy regarding permisson to use a fellow allaince mates town as a bridge head for pillaging operations.

It has been brought to my attention that some members, myself included attack through an alliance members town at will. I have never been one to aske permission on any server.

That being said, it has also been brought to my attention that other do not think highly of this, as it brings a bulls eye on them.

Personally i think that part of being in an alliance post-3.0 is that alliance members have ungaurded access to the towns of others in the allaicne, it helps growth and i am not for a policy on this personally but figured i get the rest of the alliance's opinion on it...

its called common sense ..
use my town as a bridge and i will leave the alliance and attack you , as simple as that ..
the last thing i need is angry island mates .. or pillaging someone who donate alot !

oh and if you are interested in making a policy to our alliance then you should start from the ground ..
maybe you should start inviting new players to our alliance too

there is like 100 thing that SHOULD have been done but it seems like no body gives a fuck ..

and yes i am bitching now..
our Home Secretary left , our Diplomat left . our leader left
we have no policy whatsoever on anything
we don't have any war plans
our alliance chat is DEAD
and our NEW LEADER is asking US about something WHICH IS KNOWN TO BE A BIG NOOOOOOOO IN EVERY FUCKING ALLIANCE IN EVERY FUCKING SERVER !!!!

fuck i was about to take my GF to the cinema but now i am angry , thank you !

ekk

Back to top Go down

Post  GiggleMonster Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:52 am

I voted Yes.

Yeah, I agree with Sandy and an added consideration on whether or not that player is capable of defending himself when a retaliation occurs... and if the player disagrees, please respect his/her decision.

a. Checking surrounding islands for alliance mates of the target town/player.
b. Mil score of the player whose town will be used as a bridge head.
c. *Optional* The occupying player may leave a single phalanx there for 1-2 day/s *better if the alliance of the ACTIVE player that had just been pillaged is high-profile* just so that he/she can warn the players near the player whose town had been used as a bridgehead can react quickly just in case

Fart
GiggleMonster
GiggleMonster

Back to top Go down

Post  ekk Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:54 am

ekk wrote:
true_illusion wrote:Currently there is no policy regarding permisson to use a fellow allaince mates town as a bridge head for pillaging operations.

Personally i think that part of being in an alliance post-3.0 is that alliance members have ungaurded access to the towns of others in the allaicne, it helps growth and i am not for a policy on this personally but figured i get the rest of the alliance's opinion on it...

its called common sense ..
use my town as a bridge and i will leave the alliance and attack you , as simple as that ..
the last thing i need is angry island mates .. or pillaging someone who donate alot !

oh and if you are interested in making a policy to our alliance then you should start from the ground ..
maybe you should start inviting new players to our alliance too

there is like 100 thing that SHOULD have been done but it seems like no body gives a fuck ..

and yes i am bitching now..
our Home Secretary left , our Diplomat left . our leader left
we have no policy whatsoever on anything
we don't have any war plans
our alliance chat is DEAD
and our NEW LEADER is asking US about something WHICH IS KNOWN TO BE A BIG NOOOOOOOO IN EVERY FUCKING ALLIANCE IN EVERY FUCKING SERVER !!!!

fuck i was about to take my GF to the cinema but now i am angry , thank you !

hmm after rereading what i wrote it seems i was a little bit harsh , sorry

anyway here is 2 nice songs
Los live !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wr0SVN7tc8&feature=related

Mein Teil live ! ( the best vid )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fEEBxfnsW4

ekk

Back to top Go down

Post  PlatoTheGod Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:20 am

wow, I really go the other way. For an inactive, I won't ask, just do it...of course. Smile

For an active, depending on why I am there, I might ask but am more apt to tell the member that I am going in. But on Theta, I guess I am pretty tame lately, so maybe my vote shouldn't count. But...as always, invited or not, anybody can always feel free to use my towns, if the heat comes back to me, I can handle it and if not, the user will be coming back, or I will be going for them...in some cases.

PlatoTheGod

Back to top Go down

Post  true_illusion Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:23 pm

Everyone's opinion matters Sima, no matter how tame they are...

true_illusion

Back to top Go down

Post  Communism Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:31 pm

Ekk, the only person that I am aware of that was in a leadership position that actually left the alliance is lemmiwinks and nobody (who quit the game if memory serves correctly). Otherwise Jezebel and Phattyb are still in the alliance and Jezebel stated she was passing leadership due to real life restraints that wouldn't allow her to be the best leader possible and Phattyb is still the general.

Anywho, I agree that if the person is inactive that no permission needs to be asked since that person is probably getting farmed by island mates anyways and can't respond to a request since they are inactive, but if the person is an active player permission should be asked. I assume almost everyone in this alliance would have no problem with it, but it is nice to know what is going on if your town is being used as a bridgehead so you can plan accordingly if there might be retaliation.

Just my 2 cents worth,

Communism (formerly Czar Connor XI)
Communism
Communism

Back to top Go down

Post  Greyface Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:01 pm

I'm not all on board with the asking permission, but it is a really good idea to let them know. It's also a really good idea to tell them who you are going to be attacking. Leaving them in the dark is a seriously jerky thing to do. If you are going to put troops in someone's town I also think you should respect them if they say not to attack X,Y, or Z players. They might be good donors, or have helped out your alliance mate in the past.

So, I'm not for a hard fast rule, but I am very much for consent, and informed people.

Greyface
Admin

https://happyalliance.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permission to Bridgehead through an Alliance Members town? Empty I am against just going thru an alliance members town without atleast saying something

Post  hemerage Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:05 am

I got the shit kicked out of me today by two members of Hfu because someone attacked thru my town and i had no clue they had did it..... 4 days after they did it i had two people attacking me and telling me if i dont give up coordinates they will continue. I personally say fuck them and now they need an ass wooping from me. Had i known someone had attacked thru that town i could beefed up my defenses and navy just in case. I think if we are going to have a policy on asking or atleast telling someone we are attacking thru their towns then the person that does that should be responsible for defending the other alliance member if it comes down to a fight. That is the resonable thing to do since you are starting the fight. Now i am not saying that i am demanding help from the person that went thru my town........ probably because those dumb asses that attacked pissed me off and i just want to slam my phalanx's spear down their throats. Mostly i want to teach them a GAY lesson....... Don't go fucking attacking 2 on 1 if you don't plan on getting ass fucked without the lube!

hemerage

Back to top Go down

Post  Greyface Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:30 am

Ok, I'm for a hard rule....

The whole permission thing is only a problem, in like 1% of the situations I could imagine, so I vote for a rule. You just never do it, unless they are cool with it.

Greyface
Admin

https://happyalliance.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum